The GSMA represents the worldwide mobile communications industry, uniting nearly 800 operators with more than 300 companies in the broader mobile ecosystem including handset and device makers, software companies, equipment providers and internet companies, as well as organisations in adjacent industry sectors. The GSMA also produces industry-leading events such as Mobile World Congress, Mobile World Congress Shanghai, Mobile World Congress Americas and the Mobile 360 Series conferences.
The standard embodies the design, use of and security definitions for the SIM technology for the coming decennium. In cooperation with major industry multinationals from the different aspects of manufacturers, operators and customers the standard offers security, configurability and flexibility for the end users.
eUICC is forward and backwards compatible for all network technology: 5G/LTE/HSPA/WCDMA/EDGE/UMTS/GSM/GSM Roaming/GPRS.
Compared to previous technological developments (from which several have never been certified as a standard) the standard establishes a common ground for all in the industry, making it development, business and operational proof for all.
The specifications are application agnostic and therefore not restricted to theworld of telecommunications. They can be used as a (secure) platform for basically any application
Subscription Management from one management portal delivers over-the-air configuration of network access and configuration on the fly.
eUICC comes with Subscription Management
The Subscription Manager bridges the gap between the global demands of end users and the local services of operators. Dynamically changing profiles offers end users substantial strategically advantages.- Elimination of exchanging SIM's for configuration and/or subscription reasons
- Customer has control over selection of connectivity partner and its costs
- Introducing 'interoperability', which enables adding and deleting unique operator profiles to the eUICC SIM
- No difficult and delayed integrations, only the API for billing
- Customers can select their preferred PLMN list
Technical and Operational Benefits
- APIs, browsers, Internet connectivity, M2M, interfaces for high speed and NFCas well as remote management
- Two different IMSI active in one country with fall back
- No extended latencies because there is no roaming with international IMSI's.
- Connecion to all local MNO's around the world
- When in roaming partners are preferred roaming partners from the specific telecoms zone
- This influences both pricing and agreement complexity
- If connectivity is broken a new profile can be assigned via Wifi within 1 minute